Comment on page
Self-Study AI/ML/LLM Roadmap for Security Folks
This roadmap is coming from a security enthusiast who wanted to improve herself in AI/ML/LLM area to discover its security side.
Small tips before jumping in it:
- You can have the Coursera courses in audit-only mode. You should only know that you can't get a course certificate or grades in audit mode.
- You can jump to security playgrounds without waiting to finish the training list. No harm in poking around and jumping back. Sometimes, you may not know what you will have exploited. So, never give up, long run but worth it.
- I strongly recommend building some small apps to understand how it works!
- 1.The start point is a good detailed entrance training: Introduction to Machine Learning in Production course from DeepLearning.AI - https://www.coursera.org/learn/introduction-to-machine-learning-in-production/
- 2.To get much more know-how about neural networks, supervised learning, and regression problems, this course can be a second step for this roadmap. https://www.coursera.org/learn/neural-networks-deep-learning/
- 3.This course is developed by DeepLearning.AI. At the end of the course, you'll gain foundational knowledge, practical skills, and a functional understanding of how generative AI works. Hopefully, you'll be able to dive into the latest research on Gen AI to understand how companies are creating value with cutting-edge technology- Instruction from expert AWS AI practitioners who actively build and deploy AI in business use cases today. https://www.coursera.org/learn/generative-ai-with-llms/
- 4.The prompt is everything! You need to learn how you can talk with an LLM!
- 6.Small Playgrounds to keep poking around:
- 8.This part may require a bit more math background than the others. But it's a gem to learn about Reinforcement Learning. Unsupervised Learning Recommenders Reinforcement Learning - https://www.coursera.org/learn/unsupervised-learning-recommenders-reinforcement-learning#modules
- 4.HuggingFace.co is the ‘github’ of LLMs and machine learning. This is a central point for ML models, datasets, and other content. The transformers library, maintained by HuggingFace, is the cornerstone of the foundation in open-source LLMs. https://huggingface.co/
- 5.LLM Agency - LlamaIndex (formerly GPT Index) - LangChain, transformers, agents, llamaindex and other similar libraries or custom codes give LLMs agency. This concept is an agency in the truest meaning of the word. These libraries and the concept of agency expose tools and capabilities to an LLM via prompting and then give the model a task. The model is iteratively prompted by making a plan and then drilling down through each step until it gets a final answer. This is where the major new functionality sits and where the new vulnerabilities will be found. https://gpt-index.readthedocs.io/en/latest/